Monday, April 11, 2011

Easter

I've begun to realize that year after year, from birth until now, just about every Sunday has been spent in church. Easter has always been one of my favorite time of year. Not Christmas, not my birthday...but Easter. I remember growing up when Mom would roll my hair in sponge rollers the night before and we would wake up and go to sunrise service with the rollers still in my hair. I remember thinking that the church had the best breakfast ever after our service! Then we would go home, nap and get ready in our NEW EASTER Dresses that we have spent hours trying to find the perfect one. We ALWAYS got a new dress and shoes for Easter. No matter how broke we were. Easter meant a lot to my family. AS it still does to me....but this Easter it is especially SPECIAL to me. Although I have been a child of God for years, I truly feel like this is the first year that I feel His grace, His mercy, His love, His power and a true relationship with Him. And the best part is I get to share it with the two most important people in my life, Cory and Naomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment