Monday, May 9, 2011

Isn't He good?

Isn't He good?! Isn't He good?! Hasn't he done what He said He would?!

I tell you..just when you think you don't know why God tells you to do things, He reminds you that HE IS IN CONTROL!

About 6 months ago, I decided that I wanted to go on a mission trip. Unknown to me, I really didn't want to go, but God wanted me to go. Why? Well that has yet to be determined! But I have had three experiences that prove to me that He is behind this and His plan is for me to be committed to be there.

I started having much anxiety about leaving Naomi for ten days. Would she forget me? Would she be mad at me? Could I stand how much I would miss her and worry about her? Would it just be too much for her and she break down? I started looking for reasons not to go. Then the series of events happened....

1. Cory bid on two jobs. If he got them, this meant that we would be moving about the time that I would be leaving. I told God, I'm sorry but I can't go. I can't as a mother do that to Naomi. And then guess what happened, he didn't get the jobs. I'm not saying this is why he didn't get the jobs, but I am saying that this eliminated me from saying NO to GOD.
2. Then, I got an email saying that the price tickets would be close to $300 more. I told Cory that this was my out. I didn't want to put any more money into this and maybe this was God's way of letting me out lightly. So he said pray about. And I did. I said God I need a billboard. (me and my friend Laura often joke about God giving us billboards to make it easier) "God, I don't know what to do. I have sooo much anxiety about this trip. People telling me leaving my kids for ten days would be too tough for them to do. And then other family discouraging me. Dear Lord, I need to know and I need to know clearly. I can't make this decision. I don't want to disobey you. I want to do what you want me to do. But this is so hard.. Can you help me, please Oh God?! 30 minutes later - email ding. It is Dr. Quiet, my team leader telling me that were able to get the tickets and for less than originally planned!! The only kicker would be now we would be gone for 11 days and not 10. SERIOUSLY GOD! Do I have to fight this battle with you?! So I called my friend Laura and asked her what she thought. She laughed at me and literally said, "Katrina, quit fighting with God. You have to go." (this is a true friend) I still argued but finally decided God wanted me to go. Eleven days would be tough...but I'm in. No more anxiety. I'm going.
3. Then came God's divine intervention for trusting Him. See I was already sweating that I had to be out of town for two weeks in May for Audits. And then it happened. The tornadoes. The storms. Literally. And Cory got called out for storm duty. Granted, I hate to be the one blessed in these times of sorrow and death, but God used this. Cory had to be gone for storm duty, eliminating me being gone for Naomi an extra week for audits, and guess how many days he was gone...exactly 11 days! Now, tell me that God wasn't giving me the peace of mind, that a) I got some quality time with my little girl and b) He showed me that Naomi would make it 11 days without me! She will miss me. She will ask about me. But she will be fine!

This is where God wants me. To fully rely on Him, with no strings attached! I trust you God! And I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment