Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 1 synopsis....PATIENCE

Yesterday wasn't that bad, but probably because I only saw him about 2 hours the whole day. :) However, you and I both know that this isn't about just doing it on the dare day, it is about continuing to do it. Continuing to be patient...continuing to try to understand him better! As I stated yesterday, I am a planner. So giving up 'planning' his and Naomi's day may not seem huge to you, but if you know me...you know it gigantic! I did realize at the end of the evening, I am blessed to have a husband who doesn't plan. I have to be more patient with that. Last night I had a friend come over to chat a bit...kind of an accountability thing for both of us (love her!), and I asked Cory earlier in the day when he and Naomi would be home, because, I like to plan. He said maybe 5 or 6. I explained that I needed some time to talk to a friend, and what did he do? He said, 'what can I do?'. I said, well, it would be great if you wasted a little time and picked up some milk and tide. And you know what, he did?! Spur of the moment, I told him I needed some privacy and he gave it to me. He even took care of supper for himself and Naomi so I could have a little extra time! (although I did give him a hard time about not bringing me back something....shame on me!) So whether it means anything to anyone else or not, it means something to me. LOVE IS PATIENT....when I want to plan the day minute by minute, and he doesn't because he works better that way....BE PATIENT KATRINA.....God gave him that gift for a reason! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment