Monday, February 21, 2011

Bible study at church...

So..I don't even know where to start! My pastor and his wife started a Bible study at church last night, and I am overwhelmed about the things I have learned. I'm going to get the book some time today, because I can't stop thinking about it. Ive said all along that when you give up and let God, He sends things your way just to give you that little boost to know He is there. I can't remember who it was in the Bible, maybe Gideon, who kept asking God...God I know you are behind this but can you give me a sign? And God did...ok God thanks for that sign, but I need another. And God did...God wants us to trust Him. And these little things he keeps sending my way scare me, yet fulfill me.

So, what I learned from Dana.... the one thing that Cory and I struggled with is me being so high maintenance. I hate being high maintenance! I'm not like that with any other relationship with my family or friends, at work, NO WHERE, but with my husband I am. And I have always hated that about me. One of mine and Cory's struggles was that I cried out wanting to feel special again. Poor Cory just couldn't win really. I already had enough sin in my heart that wouldn't let him, but I hated myself for needing so much attention from him. But last night I learned some pretty deep stuff.

God created man and woman in his image. God created everything and said 'it is good'. Except one thing, man. When He created man, He said 'this is not good'. God created man out of his image, but he couldn't create him all in his image. He created man to BE A MAN! But man can't exemplify those passionate, caring, beautiful qualities that God has as well....so He created woman. So here we have two beings, made fully in one image. Hence when we become one, we fulfill the beauty, yet 'strongness' of God. That to me is an eye opener to the things I have been struggling with in my marriage. I know..a little personal, but think about it. By being married and sharing that personal intimate moment with your spouse, you are making God happy. You are showing God his most wonderful and prized creation. So as my goal is to please God, I am pleasing my husband. Because the two of use together - are God's image! And I always just thought we were here to help man... :)

Thank you Bro Paul and Dana! I'm so excited about this study!

No comments:

Post a Comment