Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 30: Love Brings Unity

Dare: Isolate one area of division in your marriage, and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that He would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.

John 17:11 Father, keep them in Your name, the name which you have given Me, that they may be one even as we are.

To try and get a grasp on God's intention of being one with our spouse, we have to have a better understanding of the trinity. I've always known about the trinity, and got it to some degree, but understanding it is very tough. Today's lesson helps me do that, and helps me relate it to my unity with Cory.

From the begging of the Bible written over 1600 years ago, we see the trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The spirit moved over the surface of the waters. The son who is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature. And God said 'Let US make man in OUR imagine, according to OUR likeness. These three are a pristine unity who serve, love, and honor each other - much like God designed the marriage. Though they are equal - they rejoice when one is praised, though distinct- they are one, indivisible. This represents the grandeur of God, and this is what He has chosen for us to experience. One flesh. Two lives intertwined and God uses marriage to explain His love for His church.

The bride(church) is most honored with he Savior is worshiped and celebrated. Christ (bridegroom), who has given Himself up for her, is most honored when He sees her as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. I just realized something - As I was reading the Bride, I'm sitting her thinking -yeh Cory should read this. This is why I need so much attention, because I need him to worship me - but that was all wrong. What i need to do for my marriage is present myself to Cory as blameless, without stain - yeh I'm going to make mistakes, but I must strive to be a godly woman. Cory feels honored when I am godly; when I am holy. That's the beauty of this unified relationship. So here is what the book says:

Wife- "What would happen if you made it your mission to do everything possible to promote togetherness of heart with your husband? What if every threat to you unity was treated as a poison, a cancer, and enemy to be eliminated by love, humility, and selfishness? what would your marriage become if you were never again willing to see your oneness torn apart?" I ask Cory last night during church why Satan had stopped stopped attacking our marriage. Not that I'm complaining, but it seems once we shut the door on him, he just slipped away. Of course, he is looking for other areas to attack me on - like work, and sickness - but he has left our marriage alone for now. Cory smiled and said, " He is tired. we wore him out" I guess he is right, he had to work so hard to tear to up apart. Even with sin in our lives, we still had God's unity holding us together. He would try and break it, and God, Cory and I held on - somehow, and now we have that three cord strain mentioned in the Bible that is hard to break.

Therefore - LOVE YOUR Spouse who as much as part of the body of Christ, and as much a part of your body - as you are! Let's Raise our spouses up today!

No comments:

Post a Comment