Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 28: Love makes sacrifices

Dare: What is one of the greatest needs in your spouse's life right now? IS there a need you could lift from their shoulders today by a daring act of sacrifice on your part? Whether the need is big or small, purpose to do what you can do to meet that need.

This has been a rough couple of weeks for me. I'm at the point where I really don't even want to work anymore, which if you know very well....that's crazy talk! I haven't felt good the last couple of days, and am just worn slap out with everything going on. But today's dare is about sacrifice. I have just realized that I have been so focussed on do the things for other people, and myself, I haven't really dont anything special for Cory lately, but yet, he needs that too. Today's dare is about sacrifice. It's about genuinely caring for your spouse. Making sure we understand when they are under pain or pressure. Instead of seeing our spouse as complaining and bickering, see it in love...and do what you can to help. A couple of things the book mentioned:

Is he hungry and needing sex even when you don't want it?
Is he thirsty and craving attention that you are giving someone else?
Does he feel like a stranger and find safety in home?
Is he naked and ashamed and desperate for your love?
Is he feeling sick and tired of needing you to help him free of interruptions?
Does he feel in prison and has become fearful and depressed?

I know I can see moments where Cory was each of these. I wasn't giving him the things he needed on every level. But Praise God he was brought up to never give up and he stuck with me. Praise God he has an attitude of forgiveness and commitment that his parents put in Him. But I have to continue to meet these needs..because I want to, because of love.

Love has to make sacrifices. How can this work...by simply stating "what can I do for you?" Show those eyes of compassion and eyes of commitment, and be sincere!

1 comment: