Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 32: Love meets Sexual Needs

DARE: I'm not listing the dare today....in case Cory reads it. I will tell you it later! :)

So, today is all about sex. Or 'making love', whoopy, whatever your choice of terms may be...Today is personal for me. I don't know who out there is reading this. SO I don't know how much detail I want to get, but it is no doubt that in a marriage that struggles for three years, this is one aspect that someone pulls away from. And of course, this time, being me. Why my husband stayed with me, and remained faithful that long when I didn't meet his physical needs, I have no idea! But I do know that he is a blessing from God and maybe that ole procrastinating fault he has, turned out to be a blessing for me!

God created sex. God created unity. The problem is that society has made it so ugly and such a sin. I have made it that way too. God's purposes is for us to become one with our mate while pursuing holiness. God wants it to be beautiful acts of expressions, like Song of Solomon, where each responds to the other. We are to express honesty and understanding in sexual matters and this leads to a confident love together.

The marriage bed is to be undefiled. (Heb 13:4) We are not to share this experience with someone else. But we are weak. If this need goes unmet, because of being treated as being selfish and demanding by the other, our hearts can draw away. This of course can lead to being tempted to fulfill this longing somewhere else. But that is why god created this 'one flesh' mentality. The husband has authority over the wife's body, and the wife over the husbands. Kind of weird to think about. Our body is not ours, but our husbands. If he wants it, we should give it. It shouldn't be used as a bargaining chip, but it should be used as giving of ourselves to each other to meet the other's needs.

So the Bible warns, 'stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of lack of self-control'. I am the one person God called to meet Cory's needs. I can't allow distance to grow any longer between us in this area, because I am rightfully his. We must not violate this unity of marriage. The path to accomplishing this entangles all the things of this love dare - patience, kindness, selflessness, thoughtfulness, protections, honor and forgiveness - so let this with god be the foundation of your marriage and friendship, so that sexual relations can be enjoyed at a level this world can not know.

"You have been bought with a price" Now I must pay the price to win the heart of my mate. When you do, you will enjoy the pure delight that flows when sex is done for the right reasons.....and if that is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to glorify God in your body! It is meant to be beautiful!

Prayers please....As much as I love sex, and as good as Cory is....I have become stagnant. I want that fire back! I have an idea....let you know! (not details I promise)

1 comment: