Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 36: Love IS God's Word

DARE: Commit to reading the Bible every day. Find a devotional book or other resource that will give you some guidance. If your spouse is open to it, see if they will commit to daily Bible reading with you. Begin submitting each area of your life to its guidance and start building on the rock!

As this dare is coming to an end with three more days, how amazing it has been for me! Not only has it restore my relationship with my true earthly love, Cory, it has restore my love with my true love - GOD. AS my relationship deepens, as my love grows, as my heart our longs for his embrace, I'm in awe of Him. He is my true daddy!

So today's dare, I can check off the list as DONE! AS this book has 'grown' me, I have grown into longing for my quiet time with God. And as my faith increases, I can see Cory' increase as well. I asked him a couple of weeks ago how I could pray for him, and he said pray that he would have the longing to spend more time Christ. And as he walked in the door this morning from the gym, the prayer is being answered. He was listening to a pastor that our good friend Shane has turned him on to! (Shane is Laura's husband - laura has been praying for Cory and I since the day I opened up to her - over a year- so thankful for my godly friends) Cory and I are growing closer to God at a faster pace than to each other, but I think that is a good thing. Not to make you think we aren't growing closer too, because we are...but I am amazed at how is speaking to both of us..at times separate, and at times together! How awesome is HE!

Your word is a lamp to my feet in a light to my path! Ps 119:105

My dad left me many things, but this is one thing that I will never forget. From Bible School, a cut out, laminated with this verse...and now it has more meaning that ever. As I grow closer to God, I seek His word....and his word is becoming the lamp under my feet that daddy talked about! (I'll take a pic later and show you)

For some, and me at times, the Bible seems to BIG to understand. It seems like an aimpossible challenge. But as a Christian, we aren't alone. The Holy Spirit who now lives in us, illuminates this truth. "For the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God" I Cor 2:10 God gives us these scriptures to search, to study...to live by. However, we must commit to do it.

We must commit to be in God's word. He can speak to us many places, but every single word in this Bible is not from Man, but from GOD. We must seek Him, and my what blessings He gives when we do! "With all my heart I have sought YOU...Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against YOU!"

We must stay under it! The Bible is no doubt tough to understand, but only because of lack of committment. There is no way we can understand everything God has in the Book. But our desire and longing to know it more can give us glimpse after glimpse of God's unchanging love. That's why it is so important to study God's word with other believers.

We must live it! The Bible is a living Book! Most books you just read and digest, but the Bible is intended to read, understand and LIVE. "Prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers." James 1:22

We all remember the story about the man who built his house on the sand and not the rock. When the storms came, his house fell and was destroyed, but the man who built upon the rock, endured for it had been founded on the rock. So is our homes. So is our Christian walks. When we our founded upon the rock of God's Unchanging word, it is insured against destruction!

So, let's submit to God's principles, and just watch how God can change, how God can speak, and no matter what storms come our way...the plan of God is firm and will withstand the tests of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment