Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 20: Love is Jesus Christ

DARE: Dare to take God at his word. Dare to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. Dare to pray, "Lord Jesus, I'm a sinner. but you have shown your love for me by dying to forgive my sins, and you have proven your power to save me from death by your resurrection. Lord, change my heart, and save me by your grace."

LOVE IS JESUS CHRIST! True love is found in Christ alone. It isn't until after we have received His gift of new life by accepting death in our place, and accepting His forgiveness of sins......will you be ready for this REAL LOVE DARE!

If you are reading this blog, and focusing on your own marriage, know that the next statement that I make is from the book, however, it is my life story...and maybe yours. Everything I Have failed at and haven't been able to do, every minute I have wasted trying to fix things my own way - all of it is now forgiven and made right by putting my life into the hands of the One who first gave it to me.

We are born sinful. "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin my mother conceived me" Ps 51:5 We are all sinners. That doesn't mean we must make an excuse for sin. If you are Christian, we know better. But the truth is, we all sin. It isn't like God sends innocent people to hell! We all deserve it. One sin isn't worse than another. They are all equal in God's eyes, and Satan's eyes. The smallest thing, like a lie, is probably the worst! As Cory said in Sunday school yesterday, lying is a gateway sin. If satan can get you there, he can gradually get you anywhere. However, God sent His only son so that we might live through him. By His death, he made invalid the idea that we are unloved because of our sin. Sometimes, I admit, I feel that way. I look to this world for love...and even to my husband. But here is the key, if I ever feel that way, my eyes are off the CROSS. All the love I will ever need in this life, should come from the CROSS!

Love like that can't be understood. Love like that can't be earned. Love like that must be received.....And when we get this, we are free to love in ways we are not capable of. Love for my spouse comes from God! No from some little lustful love I once had. True genuine love...which means doing things for him when I don't want to. - Which means, taking him to eat sushy today (yuck). Which means not going in to work on a day off - just to spend time with him. It means putting him first. Finding ways to love him, because God loves him, and God wants me to reveal His love for Cory through me! What an awesome task God has assigned to me!

1 John 4:8 says, the one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. This means I now share the same type of love with Cory. For those reading this and even the moments where I feel Cory is distracted, I must show love even when it isn't shown in return. Doesn't God do that for us over and over again? I can see his flaws and imperections, and still chose to love him. Although I will never be able to meet their needs like God can, I can be used as instrument for God's work. Now until death...and even in death!

So I say it again:
True love is found in Christ alone. It isn't until after we have received His gift of new life by accepting death in our place, and accepting His forgiveness of sins......will you be ready for this REAL LOVE DARE!

No comments:

Post a Comment