Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 21: Love is satisfied in GOD

DARE: Be intentional today about making time to pray and read your Bible. Try reading a chapter out of Proverbs each day or reading a chapter in the gospels. As you do, immerse yourself in the love and promises God has for you. This will add to your growth as you walk with Him.

As I have now come face to face with understanding that God is what I need, today is about letting him satisfy your needs...every day. Our spouses will let us down. We will let our spouses down, but God will always be there. He will always do exactly what we need, if we let him. Our spouses will never be able to satisfy all our needs. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. We are both human. However, God is not.

God can give inner peace. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your request be made known to God. And the peace that surpasses all comprehension will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

God can help you be content. "IN any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled....I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil 4:12-13

Our spouses can complete some of these things, but God can fully satisfy. The needs for me for love, peace and adequacy are very real. I even see it in my child's personality. I need to feel these things. They are are real. But rather than plugging into things that are unstable, I must stay plugged into God. I must seek Him every day.


Date day went great...still re-learning each other at times, but had a wonderful time. Went by way too fast and wish we can have a do-over! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment